- 6 cups peeled and chopped Butternut squash
- 4 cups cored and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 6 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh or dried herbs, for garnish
- Add squash and apples to a large stockpot. Cover with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook until squash and apples are very soft, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving half the cooking water, and set aside.
- Blend squash and apples in food processor until totally smooth, adding almond milk and/or reserved cooking water as needed for texture. Drizzle in olive oil and pulse to combine. Return soup to stockpot to warm. Garnish with herbs and enjoy!