Broccoli Miso Soup
Broccoli Miso Soup recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
Updated: Tue, 09/11/2018 - 7:55am
- 4 cups water
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 pieces kombu seaweed
- 1 head broccoli, florets cut off
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 3 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- Spring onions, greens parts sliced into thin hairs for garnish
- Soak dried mushrooms and kombu in water overnight or for 8-12 hours. Strain through a fine sieve into a pot.
- Add broccoli, mirin, and 1 Tablespoon miso to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, blend vegetables broth, remaining miso, and butter until smooth.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve and enjoy!