- 10 green apple bananas
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 3 cups water, more if needed
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 inch piece of ginger, sliced thinly lengthwise
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add whole apple bananas to a large stockpot (do not peel). Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium-high heat for 25 minutes. Drain and let cool. Once cool, peel and slice bananas into 1-centimeter rounds. Note: the bananas will leave a sticky black residue on the stockpot. Cleaning the stockpot immediately with a scrubby sponge will make clean up easier. Or, choose an older stockpot that you don't care about any longer!
- In another large soup pot, warm coconut oil. Add tomatoes, onions and jalapeño until onions are translucent.
- Stir in coconut milk and water, and stir until well combined.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to one week for delicious leftovers.