Celery Root-Cauliflower Miso Soup
Earthy, nutty, and delicate, celery root and cauliflower provide body to this nourishing soup.
Updated: Mon, 04/03/2017 - 8:26am
- 8 cups water
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 pieces kombu seaweed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 celery root, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, florets cut off
- 2 Tablespoons mirin
- 3 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Spring onions, greens parts sliced into thin hairs for garnish
- Soak dried mushrooms and kombu in water overnight or for 8-12 hours. Add lemon zest and bring to simmer in a pot. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Add parsnips, cauliflower and mirin to the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, blend vegetables broth, miso, and butter until smooth.
- Garnish with spring onion hairs. Serve and enjoy!