Creamy Tomato Soup
This classic tomato soup is creamy and satisfying- get your grilled cheese sandwiches ready! Add cream to leftovers and this makes a fantastic pasta sauce.
Updated: Wed, 02/21/2018 - 10:45pm
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon each rosemary, thyme, oregano, and salt
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3), chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot until translucent. Add onions, herbs and salt. Cook over medium heat until onions are very soft and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat. Add broth and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are very soft.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for five minutes. Let cool slightly and then process in a blender or food processor until totally smooth. Add more broth as needed for texture. Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!