- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable stock + more for garnishing
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary (fresh or dried)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups cooked white beans (cannellini or other)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water + more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- In a large saucepan, heat oil or vegetable stock over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add mustard, rosemary, salt, pepper, beans, stock and water. Bring mixture to a low boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then add mixture to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth (blend only some of the mixture for a chunkier soup).
- Return to saucepan and add lemon juice and quinoa, stirring to combine. Drizzle with olive oil before serving, if desired. Enjoy!