- 8 small dried chilis, to taste
- 5 red shallots
- 1" finely chopped galangal or ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 large lemon grass stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, or ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 cups of water, or vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 carrots, cut into thin circles
- 1 cup of green beans, trimmed
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into sticks, optional
- 6 oz of chicken-free strips or similar, optional
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 packet of tofu noodles
- 1 baby bok choy
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In a blender, make a paste of the chili, shallots, galangal/ginger, garlic, lemon grass, coriander seeds and paprika.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Fry the paste until fragrant.
- Add the water/stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add the coconut milk, carrots, green beans, bell pepper, chicken-free strips and salt.
- Prepare the tofu noodles according to the packet directions.
- Arrange bok choy leaves in each bowl. Add the noodles, distributing evenly in each bowl. Pour the laksa soup over the noodles, making sure each bowl gets vegetables and chicken-free strips.
- Serve. Garnish with mung bean sprouts, mint leaves, lime wedges, cilantro or fried shallots. Enjoy!