- 4 cups vegetable scraps (carrot peelings, corn cobs, vegetable stems, etc.)
- ½ onion, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- ½ cup fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, basil, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cups filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a large stockpot and cover with water by a few inches.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours on medium-low heat.
- Let broth cool, then strain out vegetables. Store in glass jars for about a week. Broth can also be frozen. Enjoy!