- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots (or red onions)
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tablespoons fresh or dried dill
- In a large stockpot heat olive oil and sauté shallots, carrots, and garlic until shallots are slightly browned
- Add rice and stir to coat, cook for one minute. Add broth and cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 35 minutes, or until rice is very soft.
- In a small bowl whisk together miso, tahini, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and dill. Set aside until soup is finished cooking.
- Add tahini mixture to soup, add more broth if desired, and garnish with some more fresh or dried dill. Enjoy!