- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup peas
- 2 carrots, cut into rounds and halved
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- ¼ teaspoon asafetida
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups coconut, almond or soy milk
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Cut into medium pieces and remove skin. Steam squash until soft, about 15 minutes. Set aside
- Steam corn, peas, carrots and celery 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
- When squash is done, transfer it to a blender. Add spices and milk and process until smooth.
- Combine squash mixture and steamed vegetables in a large saucepan. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with a grain of your choice, and enjoy!