- 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk, divided
- ½ cup red quinoa
- 2 cups cubed white potatoes
- 1 cup minced red pepper
- ½ cup minced green pepper
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan heat 1 cup coconut milk until just boiling. Add quinoa, cover, and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand.
- Add potatoes and peppers to a saucepan and cover with water. Boil until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and add to a food processor along with the corn, remaining milk, spices, salt and pepper until very smooth. Let stand in processor.
- Add vegetable broth to stockpot. Stir in corn mixture and combine well with broth. Taste - adding salt, pepper, or more broth as needed. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!