- 4 quarts (16 cups) of water
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped kabocha or buttercup squash
- Place water in a large stockpot and bring to a full boil.
- Add the chopped vegetables, lower flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain vegetables and set aside.
- Serve the broth hot on its on own. Can also be used for other recipes. May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours and re-warmed prior to serving. Enjoy!