- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 4½ cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots (cut into ¼” thick rounds)
- 1 cup cubed beets
- 1½ Tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons miso
- ¾ cup chopped Swiss chard
- 2 teaspoons liquid aminos
- In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add celery and continue to sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add water, carrots, beets, ginger and shiitake mushrooms. Cover with a lid and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Place miso into a metal strainer. Place strainer halfway into broth and use the back of a spoon to dissolve the miso.
- Add the Swiss chard and liquid aminos. Mix well and serve hot. Enjoy!