Sticky BBQ "Ribs"
Using tempeh to create sticky BBQ classic will pack tons of nutrients into your meal without you even noticing!
- 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 Cup molasses or coconut nectar
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable broth
- Water for simmering
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove tempeh from packaging. Simmer water and broth in a small pot (enough water to cover the tempeh). Simmer for 10 minutes or until the tempeh is softened
- While tempeh is simmering, make your sauce. Mix molasses and BBQ sauce until combined.
- Remove the tempeh from the pot and place in a shallow container. Add 1/4 cup of the simmering liquid and allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut marinated tempeh into thick strips and carefully place onto your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and generously brush sauce onto both sides generously. Return to the oven and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy hot!