Wakame Seaweed Salad
Tangy and refreshing! Wakame is an excellent source of minerals including calcium, sodium, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus, and trace elements of copper, zinc and selenium.
- 1 ounce dried wakame
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 4 cups chopped Romaine or green leaf lettuce
- 2-3 Tablespoons flax oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Splash of mirin (optional)
- Blanch dried wakame in hot water to cover for 10-15 minutes;
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl; add the onion and mix thoroughly; set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the wakame and plunge into cold water bath.
- Drain; de-stem and chop into bite-sized pieces; set-aside.
- Add the carrots to the onions and dressing; mix thoroughly.
- Toss in the drained wakame; mix thoroughly and toss in a large bowl with the chopped lettuce.
- Adjust lemon and vinegar to taste. Enjoy!