Warm Pears w/ Vanilla Sauce
A delightful warm desert with holiday flavors of pear, cinnamon and cranberries!
- 1 cup room temperature non-dairy milk of choice, divided
- 4 Bosc or Bartlett pears, stems and seeds removed, sliced thinly
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon Kuzu root powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1”-2” piece vanilla bean or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Bring ½ cup milk in a large sauté pan to a boil.
- Add in pear slices and dried cranberries.
- Reduce heat and cover to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the kuzu powder in the remaining milk to dissolve. Pour over the pears.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and add in vanilla bean/extract.
- Cover on low for a minute or until the sauce thickens, stirring lightly, and adding a little more liquid if desired.
- If using vanilla bean, discard. Serve in a serving bowl and garnish with slivered almonds. Enjoy!