This vegan take on a local favorite has an unexpected summer twist! Adapted from Gaz Oakley’s original recipe.
- Half of a medium watermelon, cubed
- 2 Teaspoons tahini
- 6 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 Teaspoon sriracha (optional for spicy poke)
- 1 clove garlic (whole)
- 1 inch thumb of ginger (whole)
- 3 Teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add cubed watermelon to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add marinade ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the marinade over the watermelon and toss to coat.
- Bake the watermelon for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked watermelon and remaining marinade to a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Place in the fridge to marinade for at least a day.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
* To make a poke bowl, add over a bed of rice with avocado slices, edamame, nori sheets, scallions or your favorite toppings!