Wild Rice and Seaweed Salad
Wild Rice and Seaweed Salad recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 1 (10-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup tamari
- ¼ cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave
- 2 Tablespoons flax oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ teaspoon gomasio or sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 2 cups toasted pecans (optional)
- 1½ cups cilantro
- 5 sheets toasted nori seaweed, chopped
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- Drain tofu and cut into 1" cubes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook until brown. Set aside.
- To prepare Dressing: Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- In a large bowl combine Salad ingredients. Toss with dressing. Add tofu and enjoy.