- Experience in Bakery preparation and handling
- Ability to operate deli and bakery equipment
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation regulations
- Availability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Fiscal ability to lift heavy objects and stand for long periods of time
- Excellent customer service skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
- Flexible availability needed, with the ability to work nights and weekends.
Applicants should have at least 6 months of baking service experience, and knowledge about vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free diets desired but we're willing to train if you can provide excellent customer service. Successful applicants will be supportive of a vegetarian lifestyle and have an outgoing customer- and team-oriented personality.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Starting Pay Range $18.50 per hour, commensurate with experience and education.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are located in Honolulu, Kapolei, Pearlridge, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!" - Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako
We look forward to your application!