Inspired by Hawaii’s state motto, “The Life of the Land is Perpetuated in Righteousness” (Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono), we envision a Hawaii where all people “Cherish the Land and Live in Health and Harmony” (E Mālama i ka ʻĀina, e Ola Pono).
We serve Hawaii by…
- Providing high-quality, local, fresh, organic & natural foods and related products
- Offering friendly and knowledgeable service in well-merchandized stores
- Sharing a wealth of information about healthy living
Our Core Values
Our Core Values and Hawaiian Principles reflect what is truly important to us. They guide us, and are the basis for our actions, as we fulfill our mission and work towards attaining our vision.
Our Company Values
- Local – As a local company, serving Hawaii since 1977, we support local farmers and businesses, and actively promote healthy and sustainable living within Hawaii’s island communities.
- Fresh – We are committed to providing the freshest products possible, from our farm fresh produce to our deli foods made from scratch.
- Organic – We are dedicated to promoting delicious and nutritious foods that are produced sustainably using organic farming methods that are good for the environment.
- Natural – We provide natural foods, supplements, and body care products that are minimally processed and are free from artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and other added chemicals.
- Vegetarian – We believe that the single most important thing an individual can do for their health, for the environment, and for the sake of the innocent animals, is to adopt a vegetarian diet. We do not sell meat, fish, poultry, eggs, or their by-products.
Our Brand Promise
“Customers can trust that at Down to Earth they will find a wide selection of high-quality local, fresh, organic and natural foods and products; that they will be served by knowledgeable and friendly team members in well-merchandized stores; and that they will be provided with opportunities to learn about healthy and sustainable living. Customers can also trust that all the products sold in Down to Earth stores are vegetarian. Down to Earth sells no meat, poultry, fish, eggs, or their by-products such as animal rennet contained in cheese, gelatin in capsules of dietary supplements, etc."
Down to Earth CEO/CFO