This person will learn all stations and positions in our Delis to become trained to be able to fill a position of Assistant Deli Manager or Deli Manager at one of our Delis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- At least 2 years’ experience in food service.
- NRA ServSafe® certified or willing to attain within one year of being in the position.
- Knowledge of sanitary food handling and preparation techniques.
- Supervisory experience preferred – hiring, training, evaluating, directing, motivating.
- Ability to read and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of stakeholders including team members, suppliers, customers, and management.
Customer service skills:
- Experience serving the public.
- Friendly, courteous manner in dealing with a variety of situations and personalities.
- Knowledge of products and trends in the natural foods and conventional food service industry.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- Must want to be a Store or Kitchen Manager
- Must be willing to work in all stores on Oahu
- Must have own transportation
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
Up to $25 per hour.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kailua, Pearlridge, Kapolei, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako.