Mock Chicken Salad with Tempeh
A super delicious, quick and simple salad, great for sandwich fillings or alongside a green salad for a fast lunch.
- Plain vegan mayonnaise, (see recipe)
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or fresh garlic
- 1 pack of tempeh, cut into cubes
- Combine all ingredients except the tempeh thoroughly.
- Optionally steam the tempeh for two minutes to increase flavor absorption, or use cold straight from the packet.
- Fold the tempeh into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Garnish with herbs, a sprinkle of paprika or black pepper.
- Serve with a salad, or in a sandwich! Enjoy!