- 1 (8-ounce) block extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1½ teaspoons Spike seasoning
- ½ cup Pineapple and Honey BBQ Sauce or BBQ sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut tofu into 3 wide, rectangular steaks. Place side by side in a 9" x13" baking dish.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, turning steaks to coat.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic and press the pieces gently into the soft tofu.
- Rub steaks with oils and honey and sprinkle with yeast and Spike. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated and tofu is firm.
- Remove from oven and coat with BBQ sauce. Return to oven or transfer to an open grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until sauce caramelizes slightly. Slice into “rib” pieces and serve. Enjoy!