A thriving and immensely popular trend transported from Taiwan. Its popularity is due to its unique wonderful flavor and interesting texture from the tapioca pearls. This recipes is adapted from Vegetarian Times.
Vegan Bubble Tea
Try this traditional Taiwanese drink made up of black tea, oat milk and tapioca pearls. Its unique taste makes it the perfect drink for any occasion!
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 10 cups of water
- 4-6 black tea bags
- 3 tablespoons of agave or honey
- 3/4 cup tapioca pearls
- Soak oats in 4 cups of water for 10-15 minutes
- Add the soaked oats to a blender with 4 cups of water and blend on high for 1 minute
- Strain oat milk twice with a mesh strainer to make sure there are no clumps
- Boil 6 cups of water and soak tea bags for 10 minutes
- Add your choice of sweetener to tea
- Boil a pot of water and add tapioca pearls once the water is boiling. Cook on low heat for 5-7 minutes until they turn a darker color
- Rinse tapioca pearls under cold water
- Add tapioca pearls to the bottom of a glass, then pour in the tea. Lastly, top with your homemade oat milk and enjoy!