This position is responsible for helping to improve the Pearlridge Deli, and providing quality food service to customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- High standards of ethics, honesty, trust, accountability and respect.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs and offer fast, friendly, and efficient service.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well,
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Baking and cooking skills: follow recipes and measurements accurately.
- Previous baking experience, preferably of at least six (6) months, good knife skills preferred.
- Previous natural foods retail experience preferred.
- Culinary education program or equivalent work experience.
- Food Safety Certification.
- Create and design specialty desserts.
- Decorate cakes and other specialty desserts.
- Present and discuss special bakery orders with customers.
- Creative merchandising of all bakery products.
Down to Earth offers a friendly, team-oriented work environment with great benefits including vacation, paid holidays, company-paid medical insurance, a store discount, free access to nutritional supplements, 401k, career training, entertainment discounts including movie tickets, sporting events, shows, Disneyland and more, credit union membership, access to computer training modules, mentorship program and more. Some restrictions apply. See our website for more details: https://www.downtoearth.org/about-us/employment.
$18.50 to $20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and education. Evaluations (with potential generous raises) are once per year.
See Why Our Team Members Love To Work Here
31% of our total team members have been with us for 5 years or more!
For any position, submit an electronic or paper application to your store(s) of interest. Please see our employment page for more details. It is not necessary to follow up on application submission. We will call applicants whose experience and background match with job requirements. *Applications are required for hiring. The fastest way to be considered for a position is to submit an application.*
Down to Earth stores are also located in Honolulu, Kakaako, Kailua, Kapolei, and Kahului. Please see our employment page for job opportunities at these other locations.
Make this a career, we actively promote from within!
"Being part of the Down to Earth Team is more than a job, it's a lifestyle. It's a great way to Love Life!"
- Jashi D., Store Manager at DTE Kakaako.