Apple Cider Vinegar, also known as ACV, is a long-time staple of healthy and natural living enthusiasts. From taking daily shots to help boost your immunity systems to putting in your favorite salad dressing for a punch of flavor, there seems to be countless uses for this wonderful product! Here are 10 - maybe new to you - ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Facial Toner. There are many claims out there that say using a diluted solution of Apple Cider Vinegar with water (1 part ACV to 2 parts water seems to be the most popular mixture) can help keep your skin acne free. It is strongly acidic so dilute as needed for sensitive skin.
- Extra-Strength Veggie and Fruit Wash. For those pesky soil stains or organic sticker residue, a diluted version of Apple Cider Vinegar with water (1 part ACV to 3 parts water is a popular ratio) might be the answer!
- Dandruff Helper. Believers in this method say that the acidity in the Apple Cider Vinegar helps get rid of the bacteria or build up causing dandruff. With your hair wet, rub in diluted ACV (1 part ACV to 2 parts water is popular) onto scalp and let sit for a couple minutes. Wash hair as usual. The strong smell might be hard to get rid of with 1 wash so try to do this on a night you're staying in.
- Soup Saver. Is your homemade soup missing something? Add a splash or two of ACV when the soup is done cooking. The vinegar helps lift and highlight flavors.
- Pickle with ACV. Many home cooks use Apple Cider Vinegar instead of white vinegar for quick pickle veggies.
- Foot Deodorizer. People who use ACV for dandruff help have also praised its ability to help deodorize smelly toes. A relaxing soak in warm water with Epsom salt and a few splashes of ACV could help stop bacteria or fungus causing stinky feet.
- All Purpose Cleaner. A mix of half water and half Apple Cider Vinegar makes a great all-natural cleaner. The smell is quite strong at first but will soften in a few minutes.
- Mouth Wash. This potent DIY mouthwash is definitely not for everyone but those who are into it seem to love it! Since Apple Cider Vinegar is so strong, it's recommended to mix in 1 Tablespoon for every cup of water.
- Clean Your Tooth Brush. Mix half a cup of water with 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 teaspoons of baking soda and mix well. Leave your toothbrush head in the mixture for 20-30 minutes. Rinse your toothbrush vigorously and thoroughly afterwards.
- Flea Flicker. Our furry friends sometimes have unwanted fleas and ticks. Create a hostile environment to prevent them from setting up shop on your dog or cat. Many claim that a gentle spray of 1 part ACV to 2 parts water has helped with flea issues.
For more great ideas, ask any of our friendly, knowledgeable team members about their favorite use for Apple Cider Vinegar.