Introducing Down to Earth Organic & Natural's first Keiki Chef Contest! To encourage and inspire our keiki to get in the kitchen and learn a new skill, or share their expertise, our contest will reward these little chefs for their creativity in the kitchen.
The theme of this challenge is a unique version of Peanut Butter & Jelly. Alternatives to peanut butter (peanut-free) are fine, as long as the general flavor and essence of a PB&J is the inspiration. Example: Sunflower Butter, Strawberry Slices with a Maple Syrup Drizzle on a Whole Wheat Tortilla.
We can't wait to see your keiki's creative take on the classic PB&J!
- Contest is open to 6-12 year olds currently residing on Oahu or Maui
- The recipe must be plant-based- no animal-based meat, seafood or eggs.
- Participants must submit their entry form by May 31st, 2020 by 11:59pm HST.
- The recipe entry must be made by keiki, with adult help when needed (safety first!)
- 4 finalists will be chosen and announced on Instagram on June 3rd.
- 4 finalists must submit a few photos or a 1-2 minute video. Photos/videos will be posted on Down to Earth's Instagram account (@downtoearthhi) for voting by the community.
- Be ready to vote for your favorites on Instagram June 3rd through June 5th!
- One winner will get a $100 Down to Earth gift card. The winner will be announced on June 5th.