Natural remedies can help you in a pinch. While they are not a substitute for a regular first aid kit, they are a great addition.
Here are some remedies that are helpful to have on hand:
- Calendula homeopathic gel is awesome on burns, cuts and scratches. It relieves pain almost instantly and helps prevent infection.
- Arnica 30X (another homeopathic remedy)helps with any kind of physical trauma/bruising/bleeding. Give one dose as soon as a trauma occurs. Give every 3 or 4 hours after that for one day and then once a day for a few days. Arnica is very helpful for preventing bruising and speedy healing.
- Aconite 30X is great for shock, like in a car accident. It is also good for sudden-onset trauma, such as an asthma attack, seizure or heart attack. Keep on hand in case of an emergency.
- Nux vomica 30X is great for stomachaches, diarrhea, etc. – this may be particularly likely if you have to eat unusual food or you are under stress.
- Rescue Remedy can help you to deal with the stress and anxiety of an emergency.
- Vitamin C products, such as Emergen-C, are good for helping to boost immunity and help the body cope with stress in any kind of illness.
- Elderberry extract has natural anti-viral properties and is good to have on hand in case of a viral infection.
Once you start using these natural home remedies and keep them around, you will wonder how you ever lived without them.