Ready to clean up your act with a detox? Good for you!
Let Down to Earth show you how to do it right. You can undoubtedly boost your health by detoxifying to reduce the load of pollutants and toxins in your body. But don’t believe the hype—you don’t need a restrictive water/juice fast or any other extreme methods to detox. Your body is naturally detoxing continuously through your liver, kidneys, digestive system, and skin. We just need to help the process by first nourishing our bodies.
Detoxification programs are often used for weight loss, but studies show that restricting calories can cause temporary weight loss only for the weight to return and sometimes with extra pounds, too. Highly restrictive detox diets can be so intense that they are hard to maintain. Go easy on yourself and treat yourself right instead! Go for gentle, happy, and sustainable changes that make you feel good.
Natural Everyday Detox Dos:
- Drink more water. Water should be your drink of choice every day, all day. Water does so much for your health; it regulates body temperature, lubricates joints, aids digestion and nutrient absorption, and detoxifies your body by removing waste products. Cells must continuously repair themselves to function optimally, and lots of water is essential for this process. Limit or cut out alcohol. It’s called “in-toxic-ation” for a good reason.
- Eat more fruit and veggies. Go plant-based one meal a day or once a week, and fill your plate with lots of fresh, local produce. Organic is best!
- Exercise. Find something you love to do that gets you up, out, and your heart pumping. Hike, swim, surf, dance, or kickbox—find your thing and do it regularly.
- Sleep. Healing processes occur while we sleep. If you’re not asleep, natural detoxification and repair can’t occur. Get to bed early and rise with the sun, refreshed and ready for another healthy day.
Try Some Detox Aids from Our Wellness Department:
Vibrant Cleanse- Designed for those seeking a cleanse with a blend of natural ingredients. Featuring components derived from northern maple trees, organic lemon juice, and enriched with organic cayenne pepper. Vibrant Cleanse may promote detoxification and weight loss, support increased energy, and increase mental focus.
Psyllium Husks- Psyllium husks contain soluble fiber that may benefit your digestion and heart health. Psyllium is a prebiotic which promotes healthy colonies of probiotics to grow within our gut.
Chlorophyll- Chlorophyll plays an important role in making plants green and healthy. It also has vitamins, antioxidants, and therapeutic properties that have the potential to benefit your body. Studies have shown that chlorophyll is promising as a weight loss support, as a tool for detoxification, and even in reducing cancerous tumor size.
Green Vibrance- This plant-based superfood is formulated with probiotics, antioxidants, adaptogens, and other ingredients that support immunity. Green Vibrance is scientifically formulated to nurture the four foundational pillars of health: nutrition, circulation, digestion, and immunity.
Epsoak Detox + Cleanse Epsom Salts- Epsom salts are an all-natural remedy to soothe tired and aching muscles while promoting detoxification of the skin and body. It's the perfect bath or foot soak for relaxing at the end of a long day. Treat yourself right with a soothing, detoxifying bath for true relaxation.
Stop By Our Deli for Some Fresh Organic Juices. Did you know you can order a completely personalized made-to-order juice on our app or deli kiosks? Pick your fave fruits and veggies and make the perfect blend to power your detox and health journey. You can also choose our tried-and-true juice combos, like the Real V8 and Fantastic Fat Fighter, or a superfood shot of wheatgrass or ginger to help put some pep in your step!
Make Your Own Wellness Juice at Home. Here’re some awesome recipes to try--these will give you that healthy glow and they're ono, too!
To successfully detox and improve your health, avoid extreme fasting or dieting that’s hard to maintain and can be detrimental to your health. Gentle, gradual changes are always best. Don’t forget to check with your doctor before taking on any lifestyle or diet change. Finally, don’t overlook the importance of cleaning your mind and consciousness—consider doing a digital detox and take a break from any news and social media that isn’t boosting your mood and overall wellness. Remember, detox isn't just about what you eat or drink; it's also about finding peace and joy in your everyday life.
If you have any inspiring detox stories, post on social media and tag us- #downtoearthhi. We'd love to hear from you.
From our Down to Earth ohana to yours—wishing you improved health and wellness. Love life!
- Van de Walle, Gavin. “Full Body Detox: 9 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body.” Healthline, Healthline Media, 11 Mar. 2019, www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-detox-your-body.
- "“Detoxes” and “Cleanses”: What You Need To Know." National Institutes of Health, 1 Sept. 2019, www.nccih.nih.gov/health/detoxes-and-cleanses-what-you-need-to-know. Accessed 9 Jan. 2024.
- Bowman, Joe. "The Benefits of Chlorophyll." Healthline, 9 Nov. 2020, www.healthline.com/health/liquid-chlorophyll-benefits-risks. Accessed 9 Jan. 2024.